Sacramento Home Staging

Sacramento Home Staging

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Design Inspiration....it's everywhere.

I recently had the pleasure in spending some down time in San Francisco and the Marin Valley...the designer in me seems to be always pulled to areas loaded with unique architecture, lighting, landscaping.  Here are some of my findings....


I lived in San Francisco for 2 years going to design school.  At the time, I didn't have full appreciation for the architecture and culture there.  When I visit now, I have my favorite spots to visit...Haight and Ashbury has been the go to street.  The vintage shops there carry really unique home decor finds. My personal design style at home is a combination of antiques, new, and used furniture, so this area inspires me greatly.



My most recent trip in December, found me spending some time at the Japanese Tea Garden.  I hadn't been there since I was a kid.  It had recently rained, leaving the ground patterned with shades of grey, the colors in the buildings seemed extremely vibrant with their recent cleanse.


San Rafael, home of Terrapin Crossroads.  Uniquely situated at the end of a short road lined with car dealerships, this hidden gem is a must to visit.  The food is some of the best I've had, service has always been top notch, and the music never disappoints. 


I was lucky enough to catch a New Years Eve show here, and fell in love with the rustic feel of the music venue combined with elegant gems like this chandelier.  Several of these adorned the music venue, reminded me of the SF Fillmore, another favorite of mine.


 Although my husband and I have frequented the downstairs restaurant and bar area, we've never had the pleasure of dining upstairs.  I've always been curious what the curved staircase lead you to. At the top of the stairs, you reach this gorgeous dining experience.  The balance of inviting spaces to linger are outlined by windows overlooking a water channel...boats passing by as you dine.  


Born a Pisces, I'm always drawn to the water.  I love the North Coast for it's miles of colors and textures.  Wanting to explore this area more, I was referred to the Tennessee Valley Trail just off HWY 101 a few miles.  The 4 mile loop trail, was easy and ended at the photo below.  


Writing this blog and looking at the interior paint colors of my home, I can definitely see where at some point I've drawn my inspiration colors from coastal hues.  Shades of sandy grey, black, charcoal blue are all represented here.

If you are in the process of wanting a new space, I encourage you to get out and about.  Explore new areas, take photos, engage with your surroundings.  Inspiration is everywhere....